As you begin to write your sales copy for your advertisement keep one thing in your mind…Everything you put into the must point out a specific benefit to your prospect.
Ask yourself as you write, “How will this help to get my prospect to act now?”
Always focus on the prospect, no matter what everyone else says or thinks. Tell them you’ve got a solution to their wants, needs desires, RIGHT NOW! The purpose is to get them to act.
1. Identify the prospect pain. (Research your target prospect to understand this)
2. Make them really feel it (they will do more to avoid pain than they will to gain pleasure…so really hit them between the eyes)
3. Let them know you can take it away right now. (Go into absolute detail here)
4. Let him know the pain will stay unless they act now. (Remind them of the pain they are currently feeling. Go into detail here as well)
5. Remove the risk of taking action for them. (make it so simple and risk free, they would feel silly not using your product or service)
Write your ad as though they are sitting beside you. You know their needs, wants and desires intimately because you have now done your research thoroughly.
Write the same way, as you would have a conversation. Use a friendly, matter of fact manner, (Don’t beat around the bush! This is serious)
Read it back to yourself out loud, putting yourself in their shoes.
Do you feel the pain? Can you truly empathise with him? Use short sharp spunky words. These will get more reaction from them.
Tell them exactly what you mean and what they need to do in a step-by-step way. Make it as simple as possible.
Take the risk out of it with a very strong guarantee. This will earn their trust for your product or service. They’ll feel like they got absolutely nothing to lose.
Make it as easy for them!
Make it interesting. If they get bored by what you have to say…so will lots of other prospects. Make the phone number, e-mail address, coupon, or whatever it is, easy to see and simple to use!
Make this information plain as day. Make them feel special, important and worthwhile.
You will win their loyalty.